Happy Hour, friends, mimosas and a headshot – updating your personal brand has never been so much fun!
Introducing Headshots and Happy Hour, a private social event for you and your coworkers, friends or professional networking group. It’s all of the world’s best things rolled into one day. Your best friends, lots of laughs, professional make up application & amazing new photos for your business profile, LinkedIn, and social media all at a group rate. Oh, and did we mention the mimosas are on us?
Available for groups of 4+ in our Raleigh studio or at a location of your choosing. Each person receives photo-ready make up application, a 20 minute photo session, complimentary drinks/snacks and 20 retouched proofs to select from. One digital image file of your choosing is included.
Happy Hour Headshot dates are limited so plan a month in advance.
Full details are available on this page: Headshots & Happy Hour
Just bring is your beautiful self and your beautiful friends, leave the rest up to us!
Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram; People often meet your headshot before they meet you. And that selfie just doesn’t cut it. If you have been putting off your headshot because it’s just too hard to schedule, this is the event for you! Visit our Facebook event for more details!
Update your professional headshot with a quick, headshot mini session at our Raleigh Studio. This event is a low stress way to update your personal brand in just a few minutes (and at a discounted rate). Invite your friends or coworkers for a fun after work outing!
Friday, March 23, 2018
4-6 pm (limited morning slots: http://smp.rocks/2FvwGPy)
Select your time here: http://smp.rocks/2p9M7lt
• 10 minute studio headshot session
• 10-12 lightly retouched proofs to choose from
• One digital image file
WHAT SHOULD I WEAR?
After you register we will send you our Headshot Guide to walk you through every step of the process. Session fee is required to secure your spot and is non-refundable (may be applied to a future session if you must reschedule). View galleries at www.NCHeadshots.com
WHEN IS IT TIME FOR NEW HEADSHOT?
• If your current headshot is anywhere from 2-12 years old
• If your current headshot was taken in a bathroom mirror
• If your current headshot crops out your ex boyfriend
• If you are looking for a new work opportunity
• If you are in a professional field
• If you are active on LinkedIn
• If you are trying to impress that ex boyfriend
• If you are an aspiring model or actor
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Show up 10 minutes before your scheduled time and be ready to smile for your quick photo session. Within 3 days a gallery of 5-7 lightly retouched proofs will be sent to you. Choose your favorite and 1 image file (jpeg) will be sent to you in portrait and square crops.
BUT I DON’T KNOW HOW TO POSE!
Leave that up to me! With more than 15 years in the photography industry I will guide you, pose you, artistically light you and capture you in the most flattering way.
If you need more time or would prefer professional make up artist please visit my site for full session options on this page. I look forward to seeing you soon!
2018 Magazine Update!
My headshot magazine has been updated for the new year, chock full of information to help you best prepare for your personal branding photo session.
If you planning for your upcoming photoshoot or just considering it take the time to read through this booklet. I have covered everything from what a session entails, what to wear and how to prepare in the days leading up to your appointment time. Sample images can help you decide how you would like your professional image to be seen; smiling and outgoing? Serious and business minded? Indoors or outdoors? We will guide you through every step of the portrait process and new for 2018 – an in studio hair and make up option. All you need to do is show up and let us handle the rest!
Beyond traditional marketing avenues, you have the opportunity to make an impression by creating a Social Media presence. This branding is perfect for Doctors, Lawyers, Real Estate Agents, Business Executives, Creatives, Authors, Bloggers, Artists, Designers, and Musicians and more. You can create a powerful and memorable personal brand in just one afternoon. You industry and personal style will guide the look of your photos. No two sessions are ever the same.
Making the time to have professional headshots made is an easy investment in your future and I promise, you will love the final product (and have fun doing it!)!
Reduce stress with today’s guest blogger Jenny Abhau, owner of White Dahlia Massage and Wellness. I am so excited for you to “meet” this amazing woman! Her bright, friendly and serene spa is one of my favorite spots in Raleigh. This girl runs the show from top to bottom (including hand written birthday cards for their members and baking cakes for her staff). I don’t know HOW she does it all but she does it all. We met on a beautiful NC day to update her headshots and personal branding images and now she is here to share ways you can reduce stress and handle the grind of life.
Jenny’s Top Five Ways to Reduce Stress
As the owner of Raleigh’s best massage spa, you’d think I’d be an expert on stress relief. The truth is, being a small business owner is a grind that never ends. Couple that with having a slew of kids (five, to be exact—and I gave birth to every last one of them!), and I’m pretty much a ticking time bomb.
Having said that, I’ve had ample opportunity to find out what does and doesn’t work to relieve stress. So maybe—just maybe— I am an expert.
1. Massage. Now I’m not just saying this because I own a massage studio. The benefits of massage are real. From relieving headaches, to unwinding tight muscles, to soothing souls, massage is just plain GOOD for you. There have been days in my life when I have felt that I could not take another minute; that life was just too hard. And then I got a massage. And I felt competent and capable again. I could do life, after all.
2. Light reading. To me, leisure reading is a luxury. It’s something you treat yourself to when you’ve tackled everything else on your list. But that’s all backwards. Taking twenty minutes a day to read something you really enjoy is the perfect mental escape. This is particularly helpful right before bed, when your brain is going at mach speed and won’t shut off. Two of my latest favorites are A Million Miles in a Thousand Years (Donald Miller) and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society (Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows).
3. Getting outside. I recently took a trip to Yosemite National Park. You guys. I couldn’t believe that kind of majesty and beauty existed in real life. In the few days I was there (with very limited cell phone coverage) I remembered how small I was in the grand scheme of things. My family? They’d survive without me for a few days. My business? They’d figure things out without me. The world wasn’t going to end if I went off the grid for a while. And I’ll tell you what: in that setting of splendor, my mind was free of its usual worries. And I slept like a baby.
4. Hypnosis/Mindfulness. I used to think this kind of stuff was hokey. Not anymore. After struggling with insomnia, I finally resorted to downloading a couple of hypnosis apps. Friends, these things really work. Focusing on the present, feeling your body, noticing your surroundings, all help to keep you grounded and content. Find out for yourself! Try Andrew Johnson’s “Positivity” and also “DeStress.”
5. Establishing non-negotiables. Before you can adequately take care of anyone else, you need to take care of yourself. Too often, we put ourselves last. Not only are we doing ourselves a disservice, we are also short-changing everyone who is important to us by not giving them our best selves. So what do you need to be your best self? A certain amount of exercise a week? Massage once a month? (I know a place….) Lunch with a friend every Wednesday? Decide what YOU need and make it a priority.
Take a couple of my ideas for a spin. See if they help you in your quest to reduce stress. See if they improve your quality of life. I’m betting they will.
Jenny Abhau is the owner of White Dahlia Massage and Wellness, a membership-based massage and facial spa, on the corner of Creedmoor and Strickland Roads in North Raleigh, where she employs the best massage therapists and estheticians in Raleigh, NC. You can follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
For more information on Raleigh headshots and personal branding visit NC Headshots.com.